Carlos Smith

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Carlos Smith

Post  Cnsmith011 on Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:40 pm

PreWriting Assignment#1
The webcomic named “Zac is Wack” is written by former basketball player Matt Beeuwsaert now known as Coach Beez. His webcomic is basically a group of comic strips with a different situation that refers to basketball in each one. I believe his motivation for each strip comes from events or situations that he has been through. Matt seems to take good and bad situations he has lived through and makes them hilarious. The art in this comic isn’t the best which might mean Coach Beez would rather the audience focus on the caption.

The ideal audience for “Zac is Wack” would be adolescent males who like and somewhat understand basketball. The comic uses pictures and captions that are too complex for young boys and too childish for most grown men. The captions used on most if not all the comic strips require the audience to have some type of knowledge when it comes the game of basketball. I am an adolescent who loves basketball and I comprehend the webcomic.

The actual audience for “Zac is Wack” is pretty much what I expected besides a particular crowd. It seems that coaches tune in to the comic which makes sense because they can learn and teach their players from some of the strips. It seems that coaches conversate with Coach Beez about things such as tips for their players, instructions, and experience. The audience seems to value Coach Beez’s knowledge and expertise when it comes to the game of basketball. As I read some of his post on forum, I too can tell he a wise man about the game of basketball. His fans look at him as some type of inspirational figure.

“Zac is Wack” and it’s audience are ideal for each other. The audience looks to Coach Beez for assistance, knowledge, and basketball humor. Coach Beez looks to humor his audience with basketball experiences and knowledge. The forum for the webcomic gives the audience and and Coach Beez the chance to communicate about their equal interest which is basketball. I believe the bond between a webcomic author and it’s audience is what keeps the author writing and the audience tuning in.

Cnsmith011
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ONG Reading Response

Post  Cnsmith011 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:43 pm

In my opinion, the general argument of Ong’s writing is that literacy is the main ingredient in human expression and thought. Throughout the reading he puts tremendous emphasis on the importance of literacy. Walter J stated, “ Illiterates should learn writing as they learned to tie their shoe-laces or to drive a car”. The importance of literacy is clearly showed by comparing it to something so simple as tying shoes. Walter J also argues, “Without writing, the literate mind would not and could not think as it does, not only when engaged in writing but even when it is composing its thoughts in oral form”. HIs argument on literacy and it’s importance goes without question.

Cnsmith011
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top