Nina Ravensberg

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nina Ravensberg

Post  ninarave on Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:21 am

When explaining rhetorical situation to a friend I would try to describe it as being able to write to a certain audience. Rhetorical situation is being able to apply to themselves and the readers and to be able to be diverse and understand different types of writing and how to do it. It also might depend on your decisions on how to communicate whether its through an email, a text, or a written letter but it just depends on your situation. The four elements of rhetorical situation are writer, reader,text, and medium. Rhetorical analysis is being able to break down a text and figure out how the author writes over what the topic may be. Its being able to understand who the author is and their point of view.
Online I believe I appeal to pathos more than logos or ethos. Pathos uses language instead of facts. If I was online reading an article or talking to someone, pathos focuses on the writer and the reader. Pathos concentrate on connections and I would rather have a good connection with a writer than hearing facts. Pathos are clear and straight forward rather than to confuse a writer.

ninarave
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Blogosphere

Post  ninarave on Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:42 pm

The definition of kairos says: a propitious moment for decision or action. I can see a lot a number of modern concerns with the weblog such as an invasion of privacy and a concern with safety and security. Most blogs or all blogs are unlocked and everything can be out there with personal information and even a picture. Some blogs have pictures of not only themselves but their family members. A concern with safety and security can occur with blogs with predators along the website. If a blog has personal information then a predator could use it against the blog writer. Voyeurism is about information and the public. That you have to see something to believe it.

Questions or concerns I have about the reading:

After reading the article, I am still confused on the kairos connection with the whole article.
I didn't see a lot of positive facts about blogs but why?
Why do people still continue to blog after the safety risks and invasion of privacy?

ninarave
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Pre Writing (web-blog)

Post  ninarave on Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:07 pm

The blog I chose for my paper is a college girl blogging about being healthy and how to stay fit. The blog is called "Savvy Sassy Me." The title itself presents that it is a girl who is independent and does the blog out of pure enjoyment. The blog is fun and has a young vibe because of the colors and the photos she adds to the blog. The blog is very personal. For example she has a tab that says "about me". When clicked on it, it states personal information about her. It includes that she goes to Texas Tech University and is nineteen years old. It talks about her journey as becoming a blog writer and even her major. This tab makes you get a sense of who's blog you are reading. Even though it is a blog of a younger girl it is still put together and very official. The blog is over all organized by tabs and different colored titles which makes it easy to find what you need on her blog.

After looking at all the components of the blog, I believe that the audience of the blog are college students or people who are right out of college. The audience are people who are living on their own and have to figure out how to live a healthy lifestyle. Not only can you tell from the post about different exercises or how to eat healthy snacks in dorms but the writer is a nineteen year old. She is in the same lifestyle as college students and she post different blogs about how to help her in college to so it would only made sense if the audience were college kids.

The main way that the audience communicates on the blog is by commenting and you can even comment on each others comments. A lot of the comments include positive feedback or what they enjoyed about the blog most. Its a great way to see if the blog is trustworthy with what it adds by seeing how all the readers think about it. Another way the blog writer and audience can communicate is by the "Contact Me" tab where she gives her information to her readers.

The web blog works with its audience by the advice she gives on how to live a healthy lifestyle when you have school work, social life and little time. The blog is a very positive atmosphere and not only the blogger but the audience are trying to help each other to get to the healthy lifestyle the easiest way possible. The blogger also takes their comments and concerns seriously and tries to help them in anyway.

ninarave
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Obama Response

Post  ninarave on Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:46 am

In the beginning of the video a congressman uses a pathos example explaining how a young little boy wanted him to read this paper to the president. The paper was about how his family was struggling in this economy. The same congressman uses logos also and uses facts to support that their are no jobs. He states that a while ago unemployment rate was 7.5% and is now 10%.

The first speaker is very serious and calm as he looks down at his notes. He addresses the president many times while saying facts at the same time but does not insult the president. A question he asked was " Would you consider using tax relief to stimulate economic growth? A different tone of speech that Obama does to reply is humor. He starts with a joke which is different than the congressman.

The politicians use embed their evidence in their speech. They do not simply state a fact because it is about their topic, they state it because there is a point of knowing that evidence. It helps plead their case and makes their argument stronger.

ninarave
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Two Questions for Research Paper

Post  ninarave on Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:53 pm

I am interested in Pediatrics for my major my two questions concern kids:

Does kid play have an effect in a kid's childhood and if so why?

I am also the youngest of five.

Does the order of children affect your personality? If so what positive and negative effects does it have on the oldest, middle, and youngest?

ninarave
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Pre write for Research Paper

Post  ninarave on Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:41 pm

Source one:https://psychologies.co.uk/family/the-birth-order-effect.html

In this source, the main goal of the article is to educate readers about the difference between birth orders. Talks about the characteristics of the oldest, middle and the youngest. The pros and cons of each. Another aspect of this article is characteristics of an only child and how they would approach situations differently than children who have siblings. At the end of the source it adds which celebrities are the oldest, middle and the youngest. This source will be useful in my paper so that it will show facts on the difference between characteristics of each child.

Source 2: http://ew3dm6nd8c.search.serialssolutions.com/?ctx_ver=Z39.88-2004&ctx_enc=info%3Aofi%2Fenc%3AUTF-8&rfr_id=info:sid/summon.serialssolutions.com&rft_val_fmt=info:ofi/fmt:kev:mtx:journal&rft.genre=article&rft.atitle=Birth+order%3A+Reconciling+conflicting+effects&rft.jtitle=American+Psychologist&rft.au=Zajonc%2C+Robert+B&rft.au=Mullally%2C+Patricia+R&rft.date=1997&rft.issn=0003-066X&rft.eissn=1935-990X&rft.volume=52&rft.issue=7&rft.spage=685&rft.epage=699&rft.externalDBID=n%2Fa&rft.externalDocID=127680842&paramdict=en-US

This source talks about birth order and how your birth order can affect your intellectual development. It also talks about the side effects of each birth order and how it changes you as a person. Mainly talks about intellectual development within birth order and how it falls into it. This will be helpful to my paper because it will prove that birth order does matter and change you as a person.

Source 3: http://ew3dm6nd8c.search.serialssolutions.com/?ctx_ver=Z39.88-2004&ctx_enc=info%3Aofi%2Fenc%3AUTF-8&rfr_id=info:sid/summon.serialssolutions.com&rft_val_fmt=info:ofi/fmt:kev:mtx:journal&rft.genre=article&rft.atitle=Birth+order&rft.jtitle=Sociometry&rft.au=Adams%2C+Bert+N&rft.date=1972&rft.pub=Beacon+House&rft.issn=0038-0431&rft.eissn=2325-7938&rft.volume=35&rft.issue=3&rft.spage=411&rft.epage=431&rft.externalDocID=373264593&paramdict=en-US

Source 3 talks about the research behind the facts about birth order. It includes theories, findings, problems and possibilities on birth order. It talks about how sibling influence can affect how you act which also depends on which order you were born. The article also talks about how 6 different concepts can affect you when you are younger. This could help me in my paper because it brings more truth to my paper on how birth order can affect your personality and how you deal with real life situations.

Source 4: http://childdevelopmentinfo.com/child-development/birth_order/

This source specifically talks about certain traits the oldest, middle and youngest child would have. It talks about if you were an only child and how they would act. It notes that being a middle child of three kids is a lot different than being a middle child of a larger family. It adds more facts about how siblings are different and would really help in my paper to prove that being born in a certain order has an effect.

Source 5: http://pbskids.org/itsmylife/family/birthorder/article2.html

This last source focuses on each birth order one at a time and goes into more details. It gives specific details on certain characteristics of each child whether they are the oldest, middle or youngest. Whether they are confident or shy and gives examples on each personality trait for each one. This will help me be able to go into more detail in my paper and make it more personable.

ninarave
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nina Ravensberg

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top