Rhetorical situation and analysis

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rhetorical situation and analysis

Post  Chaewon on Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:35 am

Rhetorical situation is a condition that is mainly composed by four elements: writer, reader, text and medium. People do not examine rhetorical situation consciously when they communicate with other people, because they usually comprehend their situation intuitively and decide whether sending emails or handwritten letter. However, as a writer for difficult writing, rhetorical analysis in rhetorical situation is essential by using these four elements. For example, writers should define the goal of writing, define whether the writing has restriction or not, and consider the writing is for whom. Analyzing rhetorical situation helps people to write more effectively and creatively.  
I usually write something online to develop a bone of sympathy between friends and me. A bone of sympathy is needed interaction with people. Therefore, Pathos is the best appeal for what I wrote. Also, I do not write anything about my opinions for some social issue or persuasion. That means Logos, which is the appeal to reason, and Ethos, which is the appeal to the plausibility of writer are not good appeals for my writing. I appeal most to Pathos.

Chaewon
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Second reading respond

Post  Chaewon on Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:22 pm

Karios relates two sense that is understood as opportune and fitting. The two sense is the way to observe decorum and to seize on peculiar opportunity of monetary flash for creating new rhetorical possibility.

These days, we can experience many modern concerns relating web blog. For example, on the reading, one girl was invaded her privacy by FBI and the other blogger from Utah was condemned her Mormon upbringing. The biggest concern relating web blog is invasion people’s privacy. Of course, many people know that their blogs can be seen by others who have own opinion, and they also have freedom of speaking their opinions. However, bloggers have right to show their thoughts through blog, and no one has right to invade and judge bloggers by own standards.

Recently, voyeurism means unseemly curiosities in others, but not as moral equal. Insecurities of the public craving for information rehabilitee voyeurism. Basically, understanding writing and reading is from the desire of information. However, voyeurism is desire of unseemly curiosities. Therefore, we should assort whether our interest is voyeurism or not to understand reading and writing effectively.

Chaewon
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Prewriting Assignment

Post  Chaewon on Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:31 am

I found a blog which is called The Movie Blog. It introduces that the blog is about movie. John Campea who is a blogger wanted to share his thoughts, opinion, interests, and experience about movie with other people. Therefore, in 2003, he started up The Movie Blog. “The blog is not a new site, but rather place to give opinion and thoughts on movie and movie news.”(The Movie Blog, We are here, About)

The blog is basically useful to people who like movie or who do not decide which movie is the best to watch. However, when I observe the blog, I think movie producers or movie companies are the best audiences. The Movie Blog is not only support John’s opinions and thoughts, but also, various other’s thoughts and opinions about each movie. In addition, the blogger introduce independence films that are not popular, so many movie producers and companies would know what movie trend is and what kind of movies people enjoy today.

I introduce the blog to my friend who is Film major. She should make a short film for graduate work. She said that she does not know what she makes. The Movie Blog supports the place to communicate with various movie fans, so if she communicate with them, she could make outline easily for her graduate film by using their opinion. Also, introduction of independence movies are valuable to her. Even though independence movies are not as much popular as commercial movies, most independence movies have great artist values. The independence movies can have favorable influences to her life of movie.

The Movie Blog is truly good blog for big fan of movie, movie producers, and movie companies. Many people discuss and criticize dispassionately about movie even though the movie is popular and is favorably commented upon media. Therefore, movie producers can communicate with the movie fans and get some ideas for next film. The movie companies also know what movie trend is today and decide which movie they will invest for their benefit. In addition, the blog has some famous movie producers’ interview. I guess the interview video could influence many future movie producers favorably.

Chaewon
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Response of watching video

Post  Chaewon on Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:18 am

In the beginning of the video, the man was talking to Obama used of pathos. For example, the man said " He who is my age said that I never forget." The man told his experience to apple pathos. When he asked the first question he used specific amount of money Baltimore needs for creating jobs and growing economic as a evidence.
In 14'44", a man used Obama's budget plan(spending bill)as a evidence for his question which is why not spending freezing now and Obama would support his purpose to get on vote in a house or not.
In 25' 03", a man made complaints that Obama did not succeed his pledges. He said the word "disappoint" It means the man used of pathos to appeal what he said.
In 29' 28" a woman kept saying " we want to do with you, we want to work with you.", and she asked When we can sitting together to look forward the problems. Her sentences are absolutely pathos.
In 40' 59" a man used new American public health care system which every can get medical care without increasing tax as a evidence for his question that who knows the republicans offer positive solution of the challenge.
In 58' 05" a man used pathos because he said " You have young two children as me" before he asked a question to Obama. Also, the man used prospective American's budget as evidence for his question. It means that he used of pathos for his question.

Chaewon
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Question: What is apple pathos?

Post  Sailor WAN on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:24 am

Chaewon wrote:In the beginning of the video, the man was talking to Obama used of pathos. For example, the man said " He who is my age said that I never forget." The man told his experience to apple pathos. When he asked the first question he used specific amount of money Baltimore needs for creating jobs and growing economic as a evidence.    
In 14'44", a man used Obama's budget plan(spending bill)as a evidence for his question which is why not spending freezing now and Obama would support his purpose to get on vote in a house or not.
In 25' 03", a man made complaints that Obama did not succeed his pledges. He said the word "disappoint" It means the man used of pathos to appeal what he said.
In 29' 28" a woman kept saying " we want to do with you, we want to work with you.", and she asked When we can sitting together to look forward the problems. Her sentences are absolutely pathos.
In 40' 59" a man used new American public health care system which every can get medical care without increasing tax as a evidence for his question that who knows the republicans offer positive solution of the challenge.
In 58' 05" a man used pathos because he said " You have young two children as me" before he asked a question to Obama. Also, the man used prospective American's budget as evidence for his question. It means that he used of pathos for his question.

Sailor WAN
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Give me five

Post  Sailor WAN on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:26 am

Chaewon wrote:I found a blog which is called The Movie Blog. It introduces that the blog is about movie. John Campea who is a blogger wanted to share his thoughts, opinion, interests, and experience about movie with other people. Therefore, in 2003, he started up The Movie Blog. “The blog is not a new site, but rather place to give opinion and thoughts on movie and movie news.”(The Movie Blog, We are here, About)

The blog is basically useful to people who like movie or who do not decide which movie is the best to watch. However, when I observe the blog, I think movie producers or movie companies are the best audiences. The Movie Blog is not only support John’s opinions and thoughts, but also, various other’s thoughts and opinions about each movie. In addition, the blogger introduce independence films that are not popular, so many movie producers and companies would know what movie trend is and what kind of movies people enjoy today.

I introduce the blog to my friend who is Film major. She should make a short film for graduate work. She said that she does not know what she makes. The Movie Blog supports the place to communicate with various movie fans, so if she communicate with them, she could make outline easily for her graduate film by using their opinion. Also, introduction of independence movies are valuable to her. Even though independence movies are not as much popular as commercial movies, most independence movies have great artist values. The independence movies can have favorable influences to her life of movie.

The Movie Blog is truly good blog for big fan of movie, movie producers, and movie companies. Many people discuss and criticize dispassionately about movie even though the movie is popular and is favorably commented upon media. Therefore, movie producers can communicate with the movie fans and get some ideas for next film. The movie companies also know what movie trend is today and decide which movie they will invest for their benefit. In addition, the blog has some famous movie producers’ interview. I guess the interview video could influence many future movie producers favorably.    
I selected a movie blog either! Movie blogs really play an important role in big movie fans' life.

Sailor WAN
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rhetorical situation and analysis

Post  Sailor WAN on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:31 am

Chaewon wrote:Rhetorical situation is a condition that is mainly composed by four elements: writer, reader, text and medium. People do not examine rhetorical situation consciously when they communicate with other people, because they usually comprehend their situation intuitively and decide whether sending emails or handwritten letter. However, as a writer for difficult writing, rhetorical analysis in rhetorical situation is essential by using these four elements. For example, writers should define the goal of writing, define whether the writing has restriction or not, and consider the writing is for whom. Analyzing rhetorical situation helps people to write more effectively and creatively.  
I usually write something online to develop a bone of sympathy between friends and me. A bone of sympathy is needed interaction with people. Therefore, Pathos is the best appeal for what I wrote. Also, I do not write anything about my opinions for some social issue or persuasion. That means Logos, which is the appeal to reason, and Ethos, which is the appeal to the plausibility of writer are not good appeals for my writing. I appeal most to Pathos.
Pathos is also a good way. I think logos is best appeal. It can make people believe what the writer writes. What do you think?

Sailor WAN
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WBK95 on Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:51 pm

Chaewon wrote:In the beginning of the video, the man was talking to Obama used of pathos. For example, the man said " He who is my age said that I never forget." The man told his experience to apple pathos. When he asked the first question he used specific amount of money Baltimore needs for creating jobs and growing economic as a evidence.    

I was also impresses of the word "disappoint" he said, he wants to encourage audience's emotion in that way.

WBK95
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ong's Paper

Post  Chaewon on Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:59 pm

From the part one the author argues that the importance of human languages and communication, and he also points out that not all of oral language cannot be written down. For example he said that said “Of the 4,000 or so languages spoken today, only around 78 have a literature”. This quote represent his argument that not all of oral languages cannot be written down. In addition, from the term, “illiterate itself suggests that persons belonging to the class it designates are deviants, defined by something they lack, namely literacy. Moreover, in high-technology cultures-which, more and more, are setting the style for cultures across the world, since literacy is regarded as so unquestionably normative and normal, the deviancy of illiterates tends to be thought of as lack of a simple mechanical skill,” I could realized that that the author portrait literacy as shoes lace or driving a car to represent relationship between writing and human’s understanding, and the author insists that catching out what writing accomplished is impossible without understanding of the normal oral or oral-aural consciousness deeply.

Chaewon
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What is literacy

Post  Chaewon on Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:54 pm

1. The definition of literacy: not individual, but a socially and historically accepted discourses among method of utilizing language, thinking, and acting. These discourses had been changed as time goes on and usually employ to identify a person as a member of a socially significant group or a social network.
2. Actually, before I read this article, I thought that one person just made a language and the association just followed the language. So, everyone could have an ability of speaking and writing. However, I realized literacy was not made by simple way and found an interesting facts through the article that literacy is control of secondary use of language. Therefore, there are as many applications of the word literacy as these are secondary discourses, which is many. The fact was really interesting to me.

Chaewon
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WBK95 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:31 pm

I totally agree with your definition about literacy.
You are right, literacy is not all about writing and reading. That will contain skills of communicate individually.

WBK95
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WBK95 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:34 pm

Chaewon wrote:From the part one the author argues that the importance of human languages and communication, and he also points out that not all of oral language cannot be written down. For example he said that said “Of the 4,000 or so languages spoken today, only around 78 have a literature”. This quote represent his argument that not all of oral languages cannot be written down.  In addition, from the term, “illiterate itself suggests that persons belonging to the class it designates are deviants, defined by something they lack, namely literacy. Moreover, in high-technology cultures-which, more and more, are setting the style for cultures across the world, since literacy is regarded as so unquestionably normative and normal, the deviancy of illiterates tends to be thought of as lack of a simple mechanical skill,” I could realized that that the author portrait literacy as shoes lace or driving a car to represent relationship between writing and human’s understanding, and the author insists that catching out what writing accomplished is impossible without understanding of the normal oral or oral-aural consciousness deeply.

I was impressed that you said the author portrait literacy as shoe laces. I agree with you.

WBK95
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yingying on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:24 pm

Chaewon wrote:I found a blog which is called The Movie Blog. It introduces that the blog is about movie. John Campea who is a blogger wanted to share his thoughts, opinion, interests, and experience about movie with other people. Therefore, in 2003, he started up The Movie Blog. “The blog is not a new site, but rather place to give opinion and thoughts on movie and movie news.”(The Movie Blog, We are here, About)

i like watching movie too Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes especially Korean movies Razz

Yingying
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kelly1994 on Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:14 am

I watch movies all the time. and sometimes I'm running out of ideas of what to watch, So it's good to read some movie blog and find somebody else's favorite. you can learn a lot from that!

kelly1994
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

two questions I'd like to potentially research.

Post  Chaewon on Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:58 pm

1. How candy could affect people physically and psychologically?
2. what are the famous rumors about candy?

Chaewon
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sailor WAN on Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:46 pm

Chaewon wrote:1. How candy could affect people physically and psychologically?
Candy is very sweet. So I think sweet can make people happy. We can find out that when a baby is eating a candy, he or she will always be smiling.

Sailor WAN
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WBK95 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:12 pm

I like candies too, but I think your questions about candies are too broad and if you could expand this topic specifically and add some details, your questions will lead you write it more deeply.

WBK95
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lzh on Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:21 pm

I also like to read movie blog cause there are some comment about the detail of a movie, I can know more from these comments about some movie such as Interstellar

lzh
Goose
Goose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yingying on Tue May 12, 2015 12:25 am

wow i also like watching movie~~~maybe we can watch movie together after final~~~~~~~~~~ bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Yingying
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yingying on Tue May 12, 2015 12:31 am

i like eating candy
i am hungry now Idea

Yingying
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  milan_chen on Thu May 14, 2015 7:08 pm

I think most people think eat too much candy would make them gain weight bounce

milan_chen
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  yzcmf on Thu May 14, 2015 7:37 pm

I agree with your define of the literacy and I love to watch the same movie with you Very Happy Smile Laughing Cool Wink

yzcmf
Goose
Goose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top