rhetorical situation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

rhetorical situation

Post  cqxqb on Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:31 am

Rhetorical situation is using language effectively to persuade other people to believe writer's thinking.It has 4 elements which are writer, audience, purpose and topic to express rhetorical situation.For rhetorical analysis , it includes 3 parts which are logos, pathos and ethos.We need to write rhetorical situation exists every time and adapt our writing focus on our purpose and audience.

I am appealing of pathos. It means we need to find some sentences to analyze what author's expression is .And most important thing is to know how this expression can affect audiences.So in my opinion, pathos is the best rhetorical analysis rather than ethos and logos .

cqxqb
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

assignmet 2

Post  cqxqb on Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:19 am

Kairos describes both the sense in which discourse is understood as fitting and timely--the way it observes propriety or decorum--and the way in which it can seize on the unique opportunity of a fleeting moment to create new rhetorical possibility
Based on this reading ,the modern concern with the weblog is how can it be safety. I agree with this opinion.If we write or comment some important information in blog , everybody can see them.I concern that users need to write blog for truthful but we should care or protect about their privacy information.
In my opinion the voyeurism for writing and reading is focus on other people’s privacy information
1 what is Genre
2 what is kairos
3 why blog becomes popular today

cqxqb
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

assignment

Post  cqxqb on Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:40 am

I have chosen a delicious food blog. This the best food blog presents lots of graph to show how delicious and attractive food is. There are kinds of description that how we can make the best food our home without going aboard. For example, If readers are interested in Indian food , they will easy to press link to another blog that only introduce Indian food.

For my opinion , the ideal audiences of this blog is mothers and teenagers. For mothers, they can easy for them to study how to make delicious food for their children and children. For teenagers , they are interested in any food in the world and like to try different food that they never see. So this blog is a positive place for this audiences.

The fans of this blog always comment a lot under the blog. They communicate with people who have the common hobby like them. They thought it is awesome line up and so happy to see some beautiful, quality, healthy blogs up there. They can get plenty of laughs in kitchen.

There are too many advertisements when audiences press one link to another one. Then writers should write more details about where this food come from and some history of this food.It will make this blog become more and more famous.

cqxqb
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: rhetorical situation

Post  cqxqb on Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:20 pm

The video is talk about American people's lives. It includes some part of jobs, unemployment, and health care. In 25 mins, a man used his powerful voice said :Obama's health care plan made millions of Americans disappointed. I think it can be regard as logos. In 29 mins, a woman said to Obama "when can we stand together and look forward to solving that problems.I think this is a pathos.

cqxqb
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sailor WAN on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:55 am

cqxqb wrote:
For my opinion , and teenagers. For mothers, they can easy for them to study how to make delicious food for their children and children. For teenagers , they are interested in any food in the world and like to try different food that they never see. So this blog is a positive place for this audiences.

Children and husband?? Anyway, I also think the ideal audiences of this blog is mothers and cooking fan.

Sailor WAN
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sailor WAN on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:58 am

cqxqb wrote:
3 why blog becomes popular today

Because people can write what they think about any thing and can get a lot of information from the blogs.

Sailor WAN
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Gee's article

Post  cqxqb on Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:15 pm

1 Definition of literacy:The power of literacy lies not only in the ability to read and write, but rather in an individual’s capacity to put those skills to work in shaping the course of his or her own life. And a socially accepted association among ways of using language, of thinking, and of acting that can be used to identify oneself as a member of a socially meaningful group or a social network. Discourses are inherently “ideological”. They crucially involve a set of values and viewpoints in terms of which one must speak and act, at least while being in the discourse; otherwise one doesn’t count as being in it.Discourses are resistant to internal criticism and self-scrutiny since uttering viewpoints that seriously undermine them defines one as being outside them.

2Yes , this article actually changed my understanding of literacy.I thought if I can read and write , it is called literacy before.But i changed my mind this time. Because literacy is artistic function to describe reading and writing.It can make discourses or something be more interesting

cqxqb
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ong's writing

Post  cqxqb on Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:22 pm

This article is talk about why literacy be more important. Two quotes are
1"literates should learn writing as they learned to tie their shoe-laces or to drive a car"
2Recent research work, however, in the field and in the library, is I offering the opportunity to overcome our chirographic (and typo- / graphic) bias.This work has deepened our understanding of what I have styled primary orality, the orality of cultures with no knowledge at all of writing, as contrasted with what I have styled secondary orality, the electronic orality of radio and 'television, which grows out of high-literacy cultures, depending for its invention and operation on the widespread cultivation of writing and reading

cqxqb
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WBK95 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:59 pm

cqxqb wrote:This article is talk about why literacy be more important. Two quotes are
1"literates should learn writing as they learned to tie their shoe-laces or to drive a car"
2Recent research work, however, in the field and in the library, is I offering the opportunity to overcome our chirographic (and typo- / graphic) bias.This work has deepened our understanding of what I have styled primary orality, the orality of cultures with no knowledge at all of writing, as contrasted with what I have styled secondary orality, the electronic orality of radio and 'television, which grows out of high-literacy cultures, depending for its invention and operation on the widespread cultivation of writing and reading

I really agree with your identification of primary oral, secondary oral and electronic oral. They developed in different time period and reflect social events.

WBK95
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yingying on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:18 pm

cqxqb wrote:I have chosen a delicious food blog. This the best food blog presents lots of graph to show how delicious and attractive food is. There are kinds of description that how we can make the best food our home without going aboard. For example, If readers are interested in Indian food , they will easy to press link to another blog that only introduce Indian food.

For my opinion , the ideal audiences of this blog is mothers and teenagers. For mothers, they can easy for them to study how to make delicious food for their children and children. For teenagers , they are interested in any food in the world and like to try different food that they never see. So this blog is a positive place for this audiences.

The fans of this blog always comment a lot under the blog. They communicate with people who have the common hobby like them. They thought it is awesome line up and so happy to see some beautiful, quality, healthy blogs up there. They can get plenty of laughs in kitchen.

There are too many advertisements when audiences press one link to another one. Then writers should write more details about where this food come from and some history of this food.It will  make this blog become more and more famous.

i discover that many people choose the food blog Very Happy Very Happy me too

Yingying
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kelly1994 on Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:16 am

cqxqb wrote:I have chosen a delicious food blog. This the best food blog presents lots of graph to show how delicious and attractive food is. There are kinds of description that how we can make the best food our home without going aboard. For example, If readers are interested in Indian food , they will easy to press link to another blog that only introduce Indian food.

There are too many advertisements when audiences press one link to another one. Then writers should write more details about where this food come from and some history of this food.It will  make this blog become more and more famous.
Reading a food blog always makes me hungry. I would never read a food blog unless I'm full.

kelly1994
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sailor WAN on Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:56 pm

kelly1994 wrote:

Reading a food blog always makes me hungry. I would never read a food blog unless I'm full.

We always like food.

Sailor WAN
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WBK95 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:58 pm

"literates should learn writing as they learned to tie their shoe-laces or to drive a car"
I like your quote.

WBK95
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lzh on Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:40 pm

Yingying wrote:

i discover that many people choose the food blog Very Happy Very Happy  me too

Many people like food Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

lzh
Goose
Goose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  milan_chen on Sat May 09, 2015 8:50 pm

what an interesting thing that so many people are carzy about food! you are all introducing food blogs haha

milan_chen
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  milan_chen on Sat May 09, 2015 8:51 pm

cqxqb wrote:This article is talk about why literacy be more important. Two quotes are

yeah i agree with you, its really important

milan_chen
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yingying on Tue May 12, 2015 12:19 am

wow~~i like eating~~i also introduced a food blog bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Yingying
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yingying on Tue May 12, 2015 12:34 am

Yingying wrote:

wow~~i like eating~~i also introduced a food blog bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

i am so hungry, the food blog is so excellent Sad Sad Sad

Yingying
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WBK95 on Wed May 13, 2015 12:24 am

milan_chen wrote:

what an interesting thing that so many people are carzy about food! you are all introducing food blogs haha

Food is neccesity in human's life.

WBK95
The Last Starfighter
The Last Starfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top