My Story 4 Paragraphs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Story 4 Paragraphs

Post  kedb79 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:11 pm

There were two stories in particular I wanted to write about but I decided on one that probably changed my life the most. The story that I will be writing about is when basically I decided that enough is enough and that I need to make something of my life. That is when I decided to become a healthier person. Back in grade school I wasn't in good shape at all. I was considered overweight and struggled with eating. I was depressed for some time and I distanced myself from other people because I was ashamed of what I was. What sparked me to make that change was my Uncle. In high school and college he was in great shape and he basically taught me everything I knew and inspired me to change my life and become a happier person

I never had told anyone what was going on at the time how I was depressed and didn't feel about of something. No one had any idea of what I was going through because I was pretty good at putting on a fake face and smile. My uncle saw right through that though and one day sat down with me and we talked. He asked me what was wrong and he knew something was up. So I told him and he told me things aren't going to change unless I do something about it. What I was thinking at the time is that this is my chance to change my life forever. So I took it and never looked back. He taught me know to eat healthier and signed me up at a gym and showed me a lot of workouts I can do and explained to me why they were so important. I was thinking the whole time that I was lucky to have such a great uncle that cared this much for me.

It definitely was not an easy process at all. There were days when I would say to myself that I can't do it and that I should just give up and accept that no matter how hard I work that it wont matter. But because I had someone with me to help me he always reassured me that it may be a long hard process but in the end it was completely worth it. And I believed that because there was no way I wanted to go back to what I once was. He kept my mind set on being a better me. I am currently still working on it today. I have never looked back though. And I have continued on this process and will not stop. Now it bugs me greatly when I don't work out and I always try to eat as healthy as possible. My mind set will never change now to continue to better myself.

What I saw in the gym was people who were in crazy good shape which was very intimidating but because of all the fit people I saw it just made me what to be like them and those strangers inspired me to be like them. I would run on the treadmill next to someone who was in really good shape and watch them and try to keep up with them which helped a lot. The smell was just a lot of sweat and a lot of work but I knew that the more I sweat the more I know it is working. I was a meme once and it said "sweat is just fat crying". Which I thought was funny and helped me continue to work at it. Headphones seemed to help me out a lot. So I didn't really hear much I tried to drown out all of the other noises and music seemed to help me continue to work hard. What helped was my uncle working out with me and yelling at me to keep going and to think about why I was doing this. That really kept me going and even today I think about him and him telling me to never give up.

kedb79
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top