Obama Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Obama Questions

Post  ldev23 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:40 pm

The politicians use evidence to back their opinions and concerns regarding president Obama’s actions during his presidency. Some use false facts to stump the president while making him look bad in front of everyone but it doesn't work most of the time. The first speaker uses a mix of pathos and logos by using the story of the small boy and his father. Logos by stating that the president didn't use a plan that would be twice as effective and half the price. The president then responded with logos in a stern and concerning manner by stating that if there was such a plan that he would have taken it no question. Then he proceeded to break down the budget. The president also uses ethos saying that the politician asking the questions can ask any economist about the budget and they would say the same as Obama.

ldev23
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

4 paragraphs unedited

Post  ldev23 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:34 pm

My comic presents itself in a playful poorly drawn fashion. Each comic is only a few tiles long. The site is made so that the most recent comics are shown first and you can go back to past comics.
Its atheistic humor coupled with hard science references pinpoints a certain demographic. He also keys on the stereotype that older people don’t like change and expect the same amount of knowledge out of a college graduate as they do themselves.
The audience varies in age and are very fervent to criticize not only the artist/author but themselves. They do seem to bring up the suspicion that the author isn’t funny anymore quite a bit. As Arakasi points out, “It's a strange thing, pretty much all I've seen on these forums are people saying how Zach isn't funny anymore, and maybe it's true in their eyes, but I still really enjoy the majority of them. I haven't seen any major change in style or subject, and I read most of them in a week. Sometimes I get the feeling that this happens with just about every fan-base, be it The Simpsons or XKCD, you'll always have a group pointing out when it supposedly started going downhill. I guess it's just strange to see those people outnumber the others”. The author hasn’t changed his style much if at all during the production through my eyes.
The comic provides a forum to discuss the latest comics and critique the artist. Also the author has a twitter and Facebook in order to contact him directly.

ldev23
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ong's initial argument

Post  ldev23 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:00 pm

His basic argument is that writing and reading aren't needed for survival. As the author says " Homo sapiens has been around for
some 30,000 years, to take a conservative figure. The oldest script,
Mesopotamian cuneiform, is less than 6,000 years old (the alphabet
less than 4,000). Of all the tens of thousands of languages spoken in
the course of human history only a tiny fraction-Edmonson
(1971: 323) calculates about 106-have ever been committed to
writing to a degree sufficient to have produced a literature, and
most have never been written at all. Of the 4,000 or so languages
spoken today, only around 78 have a literature (Edmonson 1971:
332). "

ldev23
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

What is Literacy

Post  ldev23 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:13 pm

Literacy is a type of discourse. It is a group of people that understand and act the same way. It does change my view on literacy to seem like a collective group.

ldev23
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Pre-writing assignment-Literacy story

Post  ldev23 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:18 pm

As I sat in the conference room of my Lutheran church that I had attended my entire life, I quietly listened to my pastor plant the seeds of doubt regarding my discourse of spirituality. The pastor described a time where humans and dinosaurs lived together. This description of ancient times was the point at which two of my early childhood discourses intersected.
We began the confirmation class like any other day; reciting our memorized scripture, going over the topics of the day, and things of that nature. The topic of the day was genesis. The pastor led us in group discussion as we sat around the large conference table. At the end of the table was a large flat screen TV that the pastor would use to show graphics and presentations. We went over the normal things such as God’s standard creation story and the 7 days it took. Then the class took a turn and headed straight at my
As a kid I always believed that I would grow up to become a paleontologist. I think even today that I was quite fluent when it came to the popular subjects of ancient animals. This interest was the beginning of my fascination with the hard sciences. Although none of the kids in my school shared this discourse with me, I found refuge in the countless books and magazines that I combed though as a kid.
I was overcome by the feelings of confusion and betrayal. All my life I was led to believe this solid story of where I come from and why I’m here and then just like that it was all made malleable. At the time I did not know how to cope with the fact that my mother had been in a way lying to me. It was an odd feeling.

ldev23
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

White Elephants

Post  ldev23 on Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:54 pm

"Then I'll do it, because I don't care about me"
"What do you mean"
"I don't care about me"
"Well, I care about you"
Hemingway's writing style allows your imagination to fill in the gaps. It allows you to visualize the mexican train station and the rolling white mountains but other than that he leaves it up to you.

ldev23
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Bibliography

Post  ldev23 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:36 pm

Bibliography

Baglione, Melody D. DEVELOPMENT OF SYSTEM ANALYSIS METHODOLOGIES AND TOOLS FOR MODELING AND OPTIMIZING VEHICLE SYSTEM EFFICIENCY. Diss. U of Michigan, 2007. N.p.: n.p., n.d. Deep Blue. Web. 21 Nov. 2014.

U.S. Department of Transportation, Research and Innovative Technology
Administration Bureau of Transportation Statistics, Transportation Statistics
Annual Report 2012 (Washington, DC: 2013)

United Energy Information Administration. Electric Power Annual 2012,
2012.. U.S.
Government Printing Office. Web. December 2013.

Gordon-Bloomfield, Nikki. "95% Of All Trips Could Be Made In Electric Cars, Says Study." Green Car Reports. High Gear Media, 13 Jan. 2012. Web. 21 Nov. 2014.

"Tesla Charging." Tesla Charging | Tesla Motors. N.p., n.d. Web. 21 Nov. 2014.

ldev23
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama Questions

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top