Prewriting Assignment

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Prewriting Assignment

Post  NDeraCobbs on Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:20 pm

Blogs have become pop culture phenomena in today’s society allowing people to express themselves, spread/give information to mass amounts of people, and a social forum for interaction and opinions to be shared. When looking at blogs I consider Tumblr to be the “God Father” of blogs. I say “God Father” because it’s a social forum that incudes an array of different types of “mini blogs” within one Blog, like a template. There are so many different areas of interests covered, such as personal preferences, style, humor, informative, expressive, and diversity. Tumblr could be used for inspiration: inspiring people with fashion, home décor, projects, etc. Also enlightening: socially, politically, self, etc.

Because Tumblr allows for a wide variety of forums and genres of blogging it can be seen as a universal source of audiences. Although, I personally think the targeted audience type is people generally between the ages of 15-mid 30s, pop culture/technologically savvy, opinion/idea seeking individuals, including all race & gender. The rhetorical tools help shape the audience as well. I do think Pathos & Ethos are prominent tools used, pathos: appealing to gender, race, nationality, popular entertainment, and current events. Ethos is apparent through the bloggers: acknowledging & giving careful consideration to an audiences viewpoint, reminding the audience of common interests/concerns, Acknowledging the audiences intelligence/common sense, & placing issues with a larger framework.

Tumblr allows the audience to communicate through comments and re-posting, which allows people to repost ideas or pictures (maybe even inspirations) to their own blog for other audience members to view. It’s a “shareable” forum, meaning everything can be viewed by everyone, call it an “extreme social forum.” Audience members are then “re-blogging” so there is a constant cycle of social interaction and connection.

Tumblr is a blog that allows it’s audience members to interact and engage in active blogging and is a mass social forum that spreads information through common interests. The audience in a sense isn’t just the audience but also the blogger because they can relay or share information seen immediately.

NDeraCobbs
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top