Specialized Language

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Specialized Language

Post  mgreteman on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:26 pm

When I started my new job when I was a sophomore in high school, I quickly realized how important the specialized language was. I worked at a store called Out of the Box, which is a small boutique that sold all kinds of fun things. In order to work at this store, I had to know how to communicate with customers, how to interact with bigger companies that we receive merchandise from, and how to deal with things that happen at the store in general. In terms of language and words used at Out of the Box, it was pretty basic. Important words/phrases used had to do with specific companies, names of customers, types of orders and details within each order.

Obviously, this happened at the store Out of the Box. It happened because I made the decision to take a job there. In terms of physical surroundings at the time, Out of the Box was always a super busy place filled with merchandise, customers, and furniture. Although it could be a little overwhelming at times, the hustle and bustle of the store really helped me to pick up the specialized language because it was my only way of handling the craziness.

mgreteman
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top