Specialized Language

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Specialized Language

Post  AdisaNasufovic on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:21 am

Growing up in a big family, I was the first to attend college. My parents always wanted me to become a doctor; it was just one of their big time dreams. So my whole life I knew what I wanted to do and that was to become a detective. But instead I wanted to make my parents happy so I decided to go into anesthesiology. In high school, I took every science class possible. Me and science are like ice and fire. No matter how much I study, the information just doesn't sink in. But I still gave all the effort I could just to pass. During the summer, I chose to do volunteer work at a close by hospital; no matter how much I didn't like it, I sucked it up and did it for my parents.

At the time when I was doing all these things just to try and like the idea of becoming a doctor for my parents sake, back then it seemed like it wasn't too bad of an idea. Now when I think of it, I kind of get mad at myself because I can’t believe I let someone else choose my future for me. I did things I didn't like just to please and make others happy. To be honest, I was so unhappy while taking medical classes, but once I switched out, I felt like a big weight was lifted off my shoulders. Next semester I will be switching my major to criminal justice, and I just couldn't be more excited.

AdisaNasufovic
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top