Specialized Language

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Specialized Language

Post  kathrynad on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:22 pm

In high school I decided I wanted to go into the medical field when I grew up so, I applied to a nursing program and got in. From the very first day we had to dive right in to the nitty gritty and start learning everything we needed to know. There were so many medical terms to memorize, things like gastroenteritis, nephrologist, and blastoma. Not only did we have to memorize new words and learn how and when to use them, but we also had to learn how to perform medical actions. I was learning how to take care of an actual patient and what I was learning how to do, most people will go their entire lives not knowing how to do.

At first it was hard to think that I would actually memorize all these words and use them in a real setting but sure enough, in a couple of months I was at the hospital saying these words and phrases like it was my first language. My teacher did such a good job to make the things we were learning second nature to us. While working in the hospital it could get a little nerve wracking at times and I would forget some of the material that I had just learned, but once I remembered to calm down I could do anything.

kathrynad
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top