View previous topic View next topic Go down

specialized language

Post  nathanfree on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:07 pm

Nathan Freeman
Dragseth
English 1000
February 28, 2013

Specialized Language Response

It was my first job and I was just given a promotion. As crew boss, I was instructed to keep an eye on other people working and make sure every tassel from the corn plant was pulled. My first day on the job, I was exceptionally uneasy. However, as the day progressed I became more and more comfortable. I gave instructions like “pull that rogue”, “get the gooseneck”, and “there’s a volunteer in your row”. By the end of the season giving instructions like these became natural and I was able to communicate with everyone in the simplest way that would get the job properly done.
This job consisted of working full days in the blistering summer heat picking the tassels off the tops of corn plants so that the corn could fertilize and create corn seed, which would be sold to farmers. It may not have been the most enjoyable job, but I received plenty of hours and it was something my father was pleased about. Every summer, for the past eight years, I have worked here. Year after year, I find myself having a more specialized language due to the increased experience I have obtained.

nathanfree
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top