Specialized Language Response

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Specialized Language Response

Post  Atticus P on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:57 am

Back in September, a friend of mine introduced me to a card game called Magic: The Gathering. I had recently told him that I played Yu-Gi-Oh when I was younger, so he said that I should have a pretty easy time learning how to play the game. He gave me a starter deck and showed me how to play… well, at least attempted to. It was quite overwhelming at times. New keywords were introduced to me (creature, enchantment, trample, deathtouch, tap, mana, populate, planeswalker, mill, lifelink, sacrifice, undying, cypher, haste, defender… the list goes on) along with explanations of what each meant. Learning the mechanics of the game itself was also just as arduous of a process. Eventually, though, I got the hang of it.

I feel that the learning curve of Magic was much smoother (and more fun) than Yu-Gi-Oh was for me because there were already a few of my friends playing at the time. My biggest issue with Yu-Gi-Oh was that I had no one to play with; this is not the case this time around. Over breaks, we all go to a friend’s place, sit in his living room, and just play all night. It quickly became commonplace to simply bring our cards with us whenever we hung out.

Atticus P
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top