Literacy, Video Games, and Popular Culture Response

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Literacy, Video Games, and Popular Culture Response

Post  kathrynad on Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:16 pm

Gee uses literacy in his paper because what he is writing is very easy to read and it flows very well. Since literacy is the ability to be able to read and write and to be able to understand what you are reading or writing, he accomplishes this a several ways. Gee makes his readers understand that there are many ways in which to be literate and it can be different depending on the topic you are talking about. Gee is saying that video games are very beneficial to the people playing them and can help people improve their literacy.

It was really interesting to see the examples that he used to describe what he was writing about. When he applied the fact that Yu-Gi-Oh had its own way of being literate, it made the whole writing piece come together and it was much easier to understand what Gee was talking about. Gee used many words in which I did not know the definition and I had to pause what I was reading in oder to look up what the word meant. Other than that though, Gee’s writing piece as a whole was very informative and well put together.

I am literate in:
-Texting
-Nursing Terms
-Movies
-Technology
-Facebook and Twitter
-Music

kathrynad
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down