Assignment 6: Reiki Healing Therapy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assignment 6: Reiki Healing Therapy

Post  Atticus P on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:51 am

Firstly, I will say that the author does a good job of introducing a topic that many of us (including me) are probably not familiar with. The purpose of Reiki healing is quite apparently described: it’s “used to treat the body through triggering the immune system to fight of any disease causing micro-organisms.” A second commendable point is that the writer gives a good positive explanation as to why someone would use Reiki healing versus another type of healing, as Reiki healing is completely non-invasive compared to other healing techniques. The author also does a good job of describing to the reader the healing process by listing the different types of hand actions that a practitioner could use on his or her patient.

As far as problems I found with the text go, I felt that the biggest issue I had with the piece was the last few sentences, starting with “There has been controversy.” I don’t understand why a writer, whom I assume is in favor of Reiki healing, would ever go into detail about other organizations finding this type of healing to be utter nonsense or are neutral to the fact. The writer seems to contradict him or herself, almost to the point of damning the entire writing. Why would a writer speak of how great Reiki healing is, and then in the last sentence say that the healing has never been proven effective by any of the given organizations? There were other minor problems with the essay, such as grammatical, spelling, and word choice errors (“non-evasive therapy,” which one can assume means that there is no dodging the treatment once it starts), but the contradiction that I spoke of above is the greatest mistake in the entire writing.

Atticus P
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top