Prewriting Assingment #2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Prewriting Assingment #2

Post  ElisiaSan on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:55 pm

The Boondocks, a comic strip made TV show. Aaron McGruder, the creator, started this comic on April 19, 1999. At first people weren’t as interested in the Boondocks as a comic strip. Time went by and the popularity of the comic strip grow larger. Even with the popularity growing, the audience, text content, and detailed work stayed the same. This is what made the comic come to life in the minds of the readers and soon become a TV show.
Click. Click. Click. I navigate my webpage to Google.com. I type in web comics waiting and hoping something good pops up. About 4,600,000 results for web comics. Damn, I don’t even know where to start. As I am scrolling down the page I remember that my favorite show was a web comic. I speedily scroll back to the top of the page and time in “The Boondocks web comic”. Finally something I can read and analyze for my English paper.
It was really hard for me to get started writing the introduction to this paper. I couldn’t really think of a way that I wanted to start my paper that would grab the attention of my audience and have them wanted to read more. I always have had troubles with writing introduction paragraphs. They never were really my friends. It gets hard for me to put my great ideas into words. When I read the assignment I kind of had a heart attack, but it all worked out in the end.
1. Find the audience
2. Analyze text
3. Analyze color and display
4. Study the animation in the comic
5. Facial expressions and detail of the comic
6. Grammar
7. Sentence structure
8. Relation to the readers
9. Captivation
10. Organization

ElisiaSan
Beginner