assignment 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

assignment 1

Post  murphy on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:19 pm

The term rhetorical situation is a way to address a topic to a certain audience. Depending on who your audience may be can influence the way you bring up a topic,if i were to address an audience, no matter who it may be, i would use personal examples. If i were trying to convey a topic to a group of friends, i would use examples that would attract the attention of a nineteen year old girl.
The most common type of writing i do online would be on social networks, and when i convey my thoughts on twitter or Facebook it is most common for me to write with ethos, which appeals to emotion. If i were choosing to write something then obviously i would talk about something that is relevant to my thoughts and uses emotion about how i am feeling at that time. The second most common tactic i would use would be logos, or logic. It would not be logical for me to be bad mouthing a certain type of person when i know that person follows my posts, it would be insincere and start a lot of confrontation that i would not want to be posted online. The least likely i would use would be pathos, or to give credibility to someone else. Since i am not an experienced writer i do not personally know exactly when it is appropriate for me to give credit to another writer. Also i do not convey my thoughts on popular blogs so i do not feel like it would be necessary for me to do so. I feel as if an experienced and popular writer knows how to exactly use all three of these types in his writings, because they do it all the time.

murphy
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top