Blogging in Action: Assignment 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blogging in Action: Assignment 2

Post  kirstenpollmann on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:21 am

According to Merriam-Webster Dictionary Karios means a time when conditions are right for the accomplishment of a crucial action or the opportune and decisive moment.
The main argument I read about concerning weblogs is the distinction between public vs. private. These authors will post deeply emotionally and private things without thinking that anyone in the world can read their writing. I can relate to this with my own personal blog that I keep up, there are time that I will post my emotions and not realize that completely random people are reading it. Also many of the authors of weblogging rely heavily on Karios when posting in their blogs. These authors believe that there is a time and place for everything when the conditions are right.
Voyeurism is basically the notion of unknowing that there might be someone watching you at all times and you have no idea. This fits into this topic of weblogging because the authors are posting their feelings and emotions without knowing who all is looking at their blog!
1) How does Karios exactly relate to weblogs?
2) Should there be more privacy settings to blogs?
3) If bloggers were more educated on this, would it change the future of blogging?

kirstenpollmann
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top