Assignment 2: Blogging

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assignment 2: Blogging

Post  taylorfoster on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:45 am

When I looked up the definition for kairos, the best definition I could find was on “About.com” it defines kairos as, “the right or appropriate time to say or do the right or appropriate thing.”

I think that the biggest modern concern with the weblog is privacy. When reading the article I saw that it brought up a lot of privacy issues that I agree with. I think that people who write a blog can share a lot of personal information that they are technically writing to no one, but everyone can see. I think having a blog lets someone feel free to write intimate and detailed things about their life without thinking about everyone else that could read it. The internet is so popular these days you never know who could be reading your things about where you are or what you are doing. There are so many dangerous people out there that having a blog is not as safe as it use to be.

The importance of voyeurism is the details. Voyeurism is getting people to believe what they are reading or imagine what they are reading. It’s giving people a reality to what you are reading or writing. It almost connects the reader to the writer.

Questions:
1) Do you think people should blog?
2) Are some blogs more private than others?
3) Am I on the right track when I’m trying to describe voyeurism?

taylorfoster
Initiate
Initiate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top