Assignment 1 Chapter 3 Response- Scheidt

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assignment 1 Chapter 3 Response- Scheidt

Post  maddiesch on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:28 pm

A rhetorical situation is the environment and information that a writer has been given when they are writing. Before anyone begins to write, they must have some information, a basis on what they are writing, a median, and a reason for writing. Most people don't realize that they are in a rhetorical situation because the meaning is so basic. On the other hand, a rhetorical analysis is when they writer is using all of the data and their basic knowledge to break them down into a well-written work. The writer analyzes the information and the importance of the environment whether it's an article for the newspaper or a text message to your best friend.

Lately, my well-written works have been ethos and pathos, but I use logos in my daily life too. There are many medians that can be used to get across an idea, whether it's a sentimental hand-written letter, an well-thought-out argumentation essay, or a simple text message. I mostly use my phone to express my thoughts and ideas. I normally text message my friends and family to keep in touch or tweet my thoughts, ideas, and actions on twitter. When using my phone, I mostly express my thoughts though pathos combined with ethos. I personalize my conversations to my relationships and emotions towards my family and friends. When writing papers for class, I use logos to bring information and ideas across in my works.

maddiesch
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top