Ch.3 Reading Response-Stevens

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ch.3 Reading Response-Stevens

Post  Demetrius.Ste on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:42 pm

If I was conversing with a friend and they asked what is a rhetorical situation/analysis, I would tell them the basis of how we write. I always knew that when comes to writing everyone had some sort of thought process, but after reading chapter 3 I can put a name on that process. Rhetorical situation/analysis is just a way of how we form our writing. The situation, topic, message,etc is always the deciding factor on how we will address our writing. Also how that writing will be expressed and explained. For example, if we writing a friend about a death, we wouldn't do it via text message. Overall I would tell my that rhetorical situation is when we look at the situation, and determine how we are going to write. Rhetorical analysis is our guide for the writing, we use this for expressing our situation in the right way.
When it come to writing, according to Aristotle there are appeals we use for writing which are: Logos,Pathos, and Ethos. Logos is the appeal to reason, Pathos is the appeal to emotion,value, and beliefs, and Ethos is the appeal to creditably of the speaker/writer. My writing is more like pathos, because every time I write I tend to share a little of myself. My writing is very passionate and strong, I express my beliefs in my writing. Whatever topic I'm writing about I always try and connect it to me personally. Once I connect to my writing I can show emotion, express my beliefs and values.

Demetrius.Ste
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top