Assignment NO.8

Go down

Assignment NO.8

Post  Liandi Federer Zhang 张莲迪 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:15 pm

The moment I want to write is that when I was planning on went into the airport and catch the international flight to the United States for high school for my first time. Almost all my family members went to the airport to say goodbye and wish me good luck alone in a foreign country. I can never forget the moment I hugged everyone and cried until I went into the airport and cannot see them any more.

The beginning of my first attempt: Everyone is forced to be mature, to grow up and to be independent. If I was with my parents all the time and never went to America to attend high school, I wouldn't be like this now. Many people say they regret doing what they have done, but on the other hand, if people regret doing things they have done, they will not be what they like and where they are now. I am glad that I had the most unforgettable experience that most people around me couldn't have the chance to experience. I cried while I was alone in America, I don't have the sense of belonging at first. As time goes by, I grow up a lot without knowing it myself. Just like the lyrics say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I am now thankful to all that have helped me, hurt me or did whatever to me. Without them, I wouldn't be as happy as now and as strong as now.

When I first came to America, I need to face every problem and handle everything by myself. That is what my parents used to have done for me when I was home. Not everyone around me has the experience to come to America to attend high school, I feel so lucky that I will like to share my experience in a foreign boarding high school here. There was a time I still remembered. It was the time when I first moved into the dorm. I have never lived in a dorm before. I looked at the empty room and four of my huge luggages, I feel helpless. I began to think that if my parents were here, they must have already helped me cleaning up. As I stared at my empty room, I began to think of my room in China. It is warm and cozy. I called my mom and I cried. My mom conforts me by saying that everyone needs a period like that and faces all kinds of different problems to grow up. If you want to grow up, you have to be independent and handle everything for yourself. By listening to my mom, I tried to open my luggage and organize everything. Once you get started, nothing is really that difficult, some times, you will just need to give it a try.

Liandi Federer Zhang 张莲迪
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Assignment NO.8

Post  Jisun Lee on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:42 pm

I totally understand what you mean because I experienced same thing with you. It was not easy to be myself without my family in United States. We tried hard and I believe we are still trying now. Even though we had really hard time at first, we know now that it was also good lessons for us and we learned a lot from that point, right?

Jisun Lee
Goose
Goose

View user profile

Back to top Go down